Date:      Sat, 3 May 2003 00:00:21 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: first installation impressions on 5.0 -current as of 20. Apr

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 07:21:39PM +0200, Gerhard Sittig wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 16:34 +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> >=20
> > I made a test installation of the last -current snapshot
> > from current.freebsd.org.
> >=20
> > [ ... ]
> >=20
> > 3. Strange behaviour of mouse klicks under X11, if moused is running
> >    and you use /dev/sysmouse as mousedevice under X11.
> >    Its a PS/2 mouse here. Configuring protocol ps/2 and using /dev/psm0
> >    works perfectly.
> >    The strange behaviour is, that a mouseclick doesn't immediately
> >    have an effect when clicking selections, next or o.k. buttons.
> >    You not only have to release the klicked mouse butten, additionally
> >    you have to move the mouse, so that the desired action is taken.
> >    So moused seems to buffer mousevents or something "compareable".
>=20
> This is a two button mouse?  With "emulate third button" enabled?
> In this case the behaviour is by design and cannot be changed.

Its a three button mouse with "emulate third button" NOT enabled.

> It looks like it.  Does your -STABLE version know about UFS2?

seems not, or what you wanna say ?

> Have you tried to "mount -o ro" the -CURRENT partitions to see
> if the rw mount has problems with updating (i.e. writing to)
> file systems it cannot handle?

root@titan[ttyp1]{202} ~ mount /current
root@titan[ttyp1]{203} ~ cd /c
cdrom/   cdrom2/  compat@  current  cvs@
root@titan[ttyp1]{203} ~ cd /current
/current: Not a directory.
root@titan[ttyp1]{204} ~ cd /
root@titan[ttyp1]{205} / ls -ld current
ls: current: Bad file descriptor

Well mounting it read only at least makes the directory
appear in directory listing.

But the problem persists, that you can't change into that
directory.

	Andreas ///

--=20
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn--