Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 01:06:04 +0200 (EET)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au, MSILVER@scana.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie packages

> From: "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
> Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 07:11:47 +1000
>
> I wasn't aware it was in ports ..... but then isn't that what this
> in packages / ports / wherever without sufficient explanation of
> what the thing does.

Yeah, well, you are right here.  And /usr/ports/INDEX is not my idea of a
newbie-friendly table of contents.

By reading /usr/ports/Makefile I can tell that the command

    # cd /usr/ports ; make readme

will get me my list of usual README.html's, but this is definitely not
something that a newbie will easily find out about.  And /usr/ports/README
does not mention it, at all.

Anybody else feeling the send-pr coming? :-)

- giorgos