Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:34:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Geoff Kitching <geoff1@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IRC

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Geoff Kitching wrote:

>     Hi, i was just wondering if you guys had any intentions on running an irc server. If you guys need a hand, i'll donate my time and administrate it for you.
>
>     Please get back to me and let me know if you guys intend on running one, thanks a lot.

The offer is most generous of you. Among dozens of major network IRC
server admins, we were unable to find a single one capable of running ircd
on FreeBSD. The running of irc.freebsd.org on EFnet was contracted out to
script kiddies using Red Hat Winux because nobody involved with the
FreeBSD project is elite enough to run ircd. But I'm sure you are...

Regards

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
System Administrator                         Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/