Date:      Sat, 18 May 1996 06:51:58 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyes01@ibm.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-chat@freebsd.org" <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Companies who want NDAs

Francisco Reyes wrote in message ID
<199605180344.DAA168570@pop01.ny.us.ibm.net>:
> How about Compaq SCSII card?

Maybe sounds like a good idea, but some people in London (Imperial
College, if I remember) wrote a driver (with information from Compaq)
for their RAID SCSI controller... The reason you don't see this
mentioned widely is that they have yet (to my knowledge) get an
authoraritive answer out of someone in autority at Compaq about the
legal situation regarding the code they wrote. We certainly can't
distribute it in FreeBSD until that is resolved... I don't see Compaq
being much help to be perfectly honest. Not unless we've won a few
supporters in their ranks.

Gary