Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:29:32 -0400
From:      "Olivier Gautherot" <olivier@gautherot.net>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compilation problem

Hi folks!

I'll start off with a general question - it may help at some stage. My usual
environment is KDE and I set my keyboard to the US-International layout
(the one that permits writing in French, Spanish or German with minimum
overhead through the deadkeys). Every time I install OpenOffice, I have
to recompile it because the "standard" version in the precompiled packages
does not support deadkeys - but, for some reason, they do work after
recompilation. I'm not sure of which of the switches does this magic (see
compilation line below). Any hint welcome.

Now, to my current problem. A few words about my context: a brand new
install of FreeBSD 7.0 on an x86 platform (VIA EPIA with a C3), I updated
the ports tree about a week ago and updated a significant number of
packages (close to 1200 installed, be prepared if you ask me the list and
versions :-) ). I refreshed the OpenOffice package yesterday (removed
the source archive and updated /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-2), reissued the
compilation and it died during the night with the error below.

("cut along the dotted line" - my favorite ASCII art :-) )
-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------
make -DWITHOUT_MOZILLA -DWITH_SYSTEM_FREETYPE
-DWITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED -DWITH_CUPS -DWITH_KDE -DWITH_EVOLUTION2
install

[...]
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2/work/OOH680_m12/solenv/bin/checkdll.sh
-L../unxfbsdi.pro/lib
-L/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2/work/OOH680_m12/solver/680/unxfbsdi.pro/lib
 ../unxfbsdi.pro/lib/check_libvcl680fi.so
Checking DLL ../unxfbsdi.pro/lib/check_libvcl680fi.so ...: ERROR:
../unxfbsdi.pro/lib/check_libvcl680fi.so: Undefined symbol
"_ZNK7icu_3_814LEFontInstance17getDynamicClassIDEv"
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxfbsdi.pro/lib/libvcl680fi.so'
---* tg_merge.mk *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2/work/OOH680_m12/vcl/util
dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_instsetoo_native'
---*  *---
*** Error code 255

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.
[olivier@olivier-bb /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2]$

Are the last corrections uploaded to the official ports tree or is there
another way to test the release candidates?

I'm not in front of the machine right now but can send the info you
require when I come back home.

Thanks in advance
--
Olivier Gautherot