Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:46:42 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Greg Eden <greg@warprecords.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bge Ierr rate increase from 5.3R -> 6.1R

Greg Eden wrote:
> Hello
>
> I recently updated two production servers from 5.3 to 6.1 via cvsup and
> buildworld. Since the upgrade I've seen an increase in the number of
> Input packet errors reported on the bge cards in on both boxes. One is a
> HP DL360g3, the other is a HP DL380g3. Both have a pair of 2.8GHz Xeons
> with a SMP kernel.

It would be quite useful at this point if you could update a box or
two to the RELENG_6_2 code base so that we can see if this problem is
solved in the latest release candidate. If it is, your problem is
solved, and if it's not, you're a lot closer to the point where we can
usefully assist you.

Doug