Date:      Tue, 05 Sep 1995 19:05:01 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        Morgan Davis <root@io.cts.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lynx in /usr/src/usr.bin/lynx; any objections?

> Not having a web browser in FreeBSD seems as
> gaping a hole as not having an FTP client.

Just in case you don't know, (or get seen out of context),
we do have ports/net/ chimera lynx netscape Mosaic

BTW Jordan's suggestion to move lynx into src/ make sense to me too,
(unless some other text mode html browser suddenly comes into contention),
of course someone will need to maintain it, which may be more work in src/
than ports/ .
( Personally, I'll continue using ports/net/chimera, on the X-Windows
base that Jordan kindly got me adicted to years ago :-) )

FYI, I see:
	-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin  bin  286720 Jun 10 17:34 /usr/local/bin/lynx*
	text    data    bss     dec     hex
	249856  36864   15232   301952  49b80
	FreeBSD/i386 demand paged dynamically linked executable

Julian S