Date:      Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:40:47 +0300
From:      Ivailo Tanusheff <i.tanusheff@procreditbank.bg>
To:        Paul Keusemann <pkeusem@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't log in as toor since package update

I don't really believe that toor user should be used like that - check the
handbook for example. You better use normal user or the root itself.
In 8.x the described is a normal behaviour.

Regards,

Ivailo Tanusheff

Paul Keusemann <pkeusem@visi.com>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
09.09.2011 16:14

freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
cc

Subject
Can't log in as toor since package update

I use the toor login on my FreeBSD systems to log in with the korn
shell.  Since August 22, When I try to log in as toor or even when I try
to "su - toor", I get logged in as root.  For example:

ushers# ssh -l toor woodstock

Password:

Last login: Fri Sep  9 06:30:23 2011 from 172.16.175.216

Copyright (c) 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994

         The Regents of the University of California.  All rights
reserved.

FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1 (WOODSTOCK) #1: Mon Jul 11 09:05:07 CDT 2011

woodstock# who am i

root             0        Sep  9 07:46

woodstock# su - toor

woodstock# who am i

root             0        Sep  9 07:47

Unfortunately, I haven't tried to log in since a package update I did
around August 22, so I didn't notice this problem until now.  Does
anybody have any idea what might be causing this?

--
Paul Keusemann     pkeusem@visi.com
4266 Joppa Court (952) 894-7805

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and to
others authorised to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. It you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking any
action based on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by responding to this e-mail and then delete it from
your system. ProCredit Bank is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission for the information contained in this message nor for any
delay in its receipt.