Date:      Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:56:45 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Proper configuration for dual-headed nVidia 7800GT

I have been unable to get both heads of my nVidia 7800GT to work. I
start with the output of 'Xorg --configure' and add the second Monitor
and a display set for a 2560x1024 display. I get the proper display on
one monitor and the other just displays "Cannot Display This Video
Mode".

I add "Option Dualhead" and get no screens found. I added "Option
FlatPanel" and got "Cannot Display This Video Mode" on BOTH screens.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to configure this for Xrandr
operation? I'm sure I am missing something obvious.

I should mention that the displays are LED panels, but they use VGA, not
DVI connectors, so I have DVI to VGA adaptors on both ports. I can
supply logs of the various configurations.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)