Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:23:44 -0500
From:      "Ryan P. McCann" <ryanm@realmedia.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   building kernel:  compile/link errors

I'm using 3.3-Release.

I've installed the egcs gcc compiler.  It appears to have installed files
into /usr/include, /usr/lib, etc.  Does that mean that I'm going to have
extreme difficulty building my custom kernel?

"/usr/sbin/config" and "make depend" run fine.  The make gets to the point
where it says "loading kernel"  (maybe SYSTEM_LD_HEAD ???).  I think that
I'm using the right ld (GNU ld 2.9.1) and cc (gcc version 2.7.2.3).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  -Ryan

Ryan P. McCann
Software Engineer

Real Media
270 Commerce Dr.