Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:29:03 +0200
From:      Mark Frasa <bsd@frasa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Swap - Vinum - G_Vinum

Hello,

I have found this link:
http://www.freebsd.de/archive/de-bsd-questions/de-bsd-questions.200410/0112.html

There is a statement in there:

>Ab -- wahrscheinlich so -- 5.5-RELEASE wird vinum komplett durch
>(ein formatkompatibles) geom-basiertes Vinum-Framework (g_vinum) ersetzt
>(vielen Dank an Lukas Ertl, da� er sich die Heidenarbeit macht).

For the ones that can't read German: It says that g_vinum probably will be introduced in the FreeBSD 5.5-RELEASE.
Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I am currently waiting for the 5.3-RELEASE because someone told me g_vinum should be in there.
Should it be better, since it is going te be a production server, to put in normal ATA disks and install
FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE where vinum does works correct?

Mark.