Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:44:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird SCSI problem

 Hello all
 I have a weird problem with a new system running 3.1 as described below. T=
he
problem is that apon bootup, it will hang at "waiting 15 seconds for SCSI
devices to settle"
 This will happen with a boot floppy or with the OS installed (if I try eno=
ugh
it will work) and it mostly happens when I have increased the memory from 1=
28
Megs to 384Megs (3X128 Dimms)=20
 Funny thing is it seems that if I want to install I can usually get it to
work with only 128Megs of memory, and after I rebuild a kernel with MAXMEM =
384
Megs it will boot 60% of the time with the full amt of memory.

The light on the SCSI card will go full bright after the 15 second countdow=
and sit there forever.

 Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

SYSTEM: From memory.. It's at work :<

ASUS P5A ATX MB=20