Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 1998 14:29:13 -0500
From:      Michael Jaskowiak <skovian@interpath.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sound blaster

Hello.  It's Michael Jaskowiak again.  I followed the link and
downloaded the patch for PNP compatibility.  That seemed to work.  Now
when the kernel configuration is scrolling past, it finds the sound card
at the proper address.  Thank you so much for your help.  I wish that
this could just be a thank you letter but I need to know how to test
it.  I have tried to compile several things that might play a WAV file
but I don't know how to work them very well.  Is there a simple way to
see if the card will play a WAV?  Also, when I used /dev/MAKEDEV snd0,
all I got in the /dev directory was 'sndstat'.  Is this a problem (no
snd0 device)?  Once again, thank you for your marvelous help.  You are
the Gods of the digital realm.

Mike