Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 05:51:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice works now with system gcc 2.95.3

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After the last patchset has been comitted, OO builds now
> with the system gcc and works afterwards without crashing
> in the help system.
>
> I've removed the dependency on ports gcc31. OpenOffice building
> on CURRENT with system GCC is still broken. You'll still
> need USE_GCC=3.1 there.
>
> We need testers now, who test the OS-dependent functions
> if they work as they should. Please report any problems to me.
Mat Dillons patch leads to

# patch < /root/rtld-elf.diff
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Patch made by Matt Dillon <dillon@freebsd.org>
|
|This patch fixes the soffice install. If you get a message
|about missing files during user installation, your system
|is affected and you have to install this patch.
|
|1.) Apply the patch: cd /usr/src && patch < rtld-elf.diff
|2.) cd /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf
|3.) make depend && make && make install
|
|If you have questions, contact Martin Blapp <mbr@freebsd.org>

|--- libexec/rtld-elf/i386/reloc.c.orig  Mon Jun 10 13:16:37 2002
|+++ libexec/rtld-elf/i386/reloc.c       Mon Jun 10 13:39:56 2002
--------------------------
Patching file libexec/rtld-elf/i386/reloc.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 failed at 115.
Hunk #2 failed at 146.
Hunk #3 failed at 165.
Hunk #4 failed at 183.
Hunk #5 failed at 195.
Hunk #6 failed at 209.
6 out of 6 hunks failed--saving rejects to
libexec/rtld-elf/i386/reloc.c.rej
Hmm...  Ignoring the trailing garbage.
done

I don't know the consequences of these failures.

Regards,

Uli.