Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:41:52 +0000 ()
From:      Marc Rassbach <marc@tandem.milestonerdl.com>
To:        ark@eltex.ru
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, ark@eltex.ru, oppermann@pipeline.ch, easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu, kev@lab321.ru, mike@smith.net.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, ipfilter@postbox.anu.edu.au
Subject:   Re: Packet/traffic shapper ?

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 ark@eltex.ru wrote:
> It is the fact it is not flexible enough that disturbs me.
> I definitely do not like the idea of patching every interface driver.

Instead of handwaving and trashing about saying its ugly/no its not, then
why not take the code, re-write it, and re-submit it?

IPFW at one time was considered ugly and such.  IP-FILTER was considered
the way to go.  Now, for FreeBSD, IPFW works JUST fine.

So, if you don't like what ALTQ looks like, re-write it.  Submit your
changes to the maintainer.  Who knows...in 2 years YOUR version of ALTQ
will be standard.  But standing about saying it ugly isn't going to
accomplish much, now is it?

(We now return you to your reg. programming)