Date:      Fri, 04 Feb 2000 16:24:23 -0300
From:      Mauricio Westendorff Pegoraro <mwp@pucrs.br>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FTP via Squid behind a firewall

Hi.

I have a box with ipfw+squid wich has a network behind it. Access to
http (web) is just fine but ftp access (via browser) is not working. I
do not intend to open ftp other way than via squid.
I've open port 21 in both ways in firewall but it didn't worked. What I
see was that after a few packets going throught port 21, the servers -
firewall and target ftp - start talking on high ports (> 1024).
What am I doing wrong? Does any one have any
idea/suggestion/solution/scenario to tell me about?

Thanks a lot everyone.

MauricioWP.