Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:19:26 +0200
From:      Karol Kwiatkowski <freebsd@orchid.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Random Freeze

Joseph Peterson wrote:

> Unfortunately that is not the solution to my problem, I've run
> memtest86 on my laptop several times and found no problems... any
> other thoughts? =)
>
> -joe

Just a thought:

Have you build your world and / or kernel from source? If that's the
case double check processor-specific make options like CPUTYPE, CFLAGS,
COPTFLAGS, etc. (they can be used from command line and from /etc/make.conf)

Good luck!

Karol

--
Karol Kwiatkowski  <freebsd at orchid dot homeunix dot org>