Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 2002 10:35:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: __sF

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Mark Murray wrote:

> > 	In both cases, FreeBSD doesn't seem to like __sF.
>
> This is being discussed /ad nauseam/ on the lists. If you are running
> CURRENT, the onus is on you to keep up with developments. :-)

True.  A few days after the first time I encountered this problem, I had
searched through the archives and seen a very recent discussion about how
it was fixed it -CURRENT about two days after I had upgraded.  So I
upgraded again and, indeed, the problem was fixed.

And this past time, though, I did check out the archives again...  I came
across this post:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1438233+1440468+/usr/local/www/db/text/2002/freebsd-current/20021020.freebsd-current

It indicated that __sF was added back into libc.

> > 	Now, the first time this happened, I simply cvsuped a couple days
> > later and the problem went away, but now it's back, which is making me
> > think I never really solved the problem the first time around.
> >
> > 	Any ideas on how to permanently fix this problem?
>
> Rebuild _everything_. Ports, libraries, dependancies, the lot.

So is the current position on the matter that __sF is going to remain out
of libc?  If that's the case, fine, I have no objections to recompiling
all my ports, but the fact of the matter is that there doesn't seem to be
much agreement about whether or not that's the case, seeing how __sF keeps
getting removed and re-added.

Adam