Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:44:10 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cls@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Portsupgrade -uU

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:21:30AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 01:28:45PM +0700, Roger Merritt wrote:

> > >these
> > >
> > >If you're running "portsdb -Uu", you *don't*. It's up to port
> > >maintainers to fix the problem with the port entries. Most of the
> > >output are just warnings (intended for maintainers).
>
> INDEX builds shouldn't have any warnings if you perform them in a
> clean environment.  Either your ports collection is out of date
> (i.e. in an inconsistent state) or the index build is picking up
> things from the host environment like installed ports,
> WITH_*/WITHOUT_* variables, etc.  If the latter, it's a bug in
> portupgrade..someone should investigate and report it to the author.

Mmm..the dependency list warnings hit with me with complaints about
things not found in "japanese". Since I have a refuse file that excludes
all the non-English languages, and the ports directory for them do not
exist I am a bit puzzled. I get the odd one for chinese, but none for
any of the other languages I don't install. Co-incidentally I have
literally just run make index, afre a cvsup a few hours ago, and it
still whines about missing japanese dependencies.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson