Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 17:23:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: desktop, was linus on BSD

> > A workstation with IDE hardware?
> >
> > Oh, you mean a PC...
>
> Or a Darwin.  No, not the Apple stuff, the Sun stuff.
>
> Are you (un)confused now?

Oh, you don't mean a *work*station, you mean a *play*station...
if you were doing work, you'd need to do I/O.

Or do you have some other reason for doing all of your I/O
serially, such that if you run more than one process (e.g.
not just MS Word), all of your other processes suffer?

IDE supports tagged command queueing, but IDE controllers and
drives don't.

IDE isn't just a one user toy -- it's a one user, one process, one
I/O at a time toy.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---