Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2011 05:34:39 GMT
From:      remko@FreeBSD.org
To:        artur@ybka.com, remko@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/155768: security run output: +amr0: Too many retries on command 0xc7483ad8. Controller is likely dead

Synopsis: security run output: +amr0: Too many retries on command 0xc7483ad8.  Controller is likely dead

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: remko
State-Changed-When: Wed Mar 30 05:34:39 UTC 2011
State-Changed-Why:
I don't see the obvious reason why we should keep this open. The
controller reports that it has problems at a certain datapoint, can you
do an investigation on the controller to see what the problem is ? (In
my world the reason that the error is given, is precomputed and thus
with a reason ,so if the system reports this, then there is something
wrong with the controller, the OS cannot be held responsible for that,
right?).