Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:09:14 -0300
From:      "Bernardo M. Brummer" <bbrummer@solar.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cvsup: getty /dev/ttyn -> no file

After (trying to) an upgrade (cvsup 4.6-RC to 4.7 Prerelease, for I was
having XFree86 problems and was trying to fix them with an upgrade) - I did
makeworld, installworld, mergemaster (here must lie the reason), builkernell
and installkernell - system wonīt finish booting.

In the middle of the boot process it begins giving error messages, something
like:

Canīt exec /ust/libexec/getty ..... /dev/tty6, tty7 .... ttyv1, etc, no such
file.

I already (during the makeworld process) remade the devices. Probably the
merged MAKEDEV file  didnīt include these devices.

Should I remake the devices with a "good" MAKEFILE (where can I find it?),
or how can I fix the boot process.

Any other way to go, any Suggestions ??