Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2007 05:36:02 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Gransden" <jeremy.gransden@gmail.com>
To:        "[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dhclient overwrites reslov.conf

On 1/26/07, [LoN]Kamikaze <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm in a LAN with a relatively short lease time. That wouldn't be a
> problem if I wouldn't run a vpnc connection through this LAN. The vpnc
> connection sets /etc/resolv.conf as required, but dhclient overwrites it
> every couple of minutes, causing DNS not to work any more. Is there a way to
> make dhclient set up resolv.conf only when the IP of the interface is
> changed?

take a look at the /etc/dhclient.conf man page. You can add a line to set
dns servers.

example:
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/dhclient.conf,v 1.3 2001/10/27 03:14:37 rwatson Exp $
#
#       This file is required by the ISC DHCP client.
#       See ``man 5 dhclient.conf'' for details.
#
#       In most cases an empty file is sufficient for most people as the
#       defaults are usually fine.
#
prepend domain-name-server 130.253.166.41;

just change 130.253.166.41 with the correct value

jeremy