Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:29:57 -0500
From:      David Mir <mir@soartech.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.3a samba port (cups port bad?)

First let me say I hope this is the right list if not I apologize,
please tell me which list I should send this problem to (no i am not a
newbie but never had a ports problem like this before).

I am trying to install the samba 2.2.3a samba port and am having
problems with the cups1.1.4 port (required for samba) after successful
download and check sum I break with these messages (again during cups
installation):

===>  Extracting for samba-2.2.3a
 >> Checksum OK for samba-2.2.3a.tar.gz.
===>   samba-2.2.3a depends on executable: autoconf213 - found
===>   samba-2.2.3a depends on shared library: cups.2 - not found
===>    Verifying install for cups.2 in /usr/ports/print/cups-base
===>  Building for cups-base-1.1.14
Making all in cups...
Compiling http.c...
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:160,
                 from http.c:90:
/usr/include/openssl/pem.h:80: undefined or invalid # directive
gmake[1]: *** [http.o] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/print/cups-base.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/cups-base.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/cups-base.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/cups-base.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
freebsd# uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd.xxxxxxx.com 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Mon Jan
28 14:31:56 GMT 2002
murray@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386
freebsd#

I have not updated the openssl at all and am running OpenSSL 0.9.6a 5
Apr 2001 Has anyone else received this problem ? and if so how did you
get around? Also how do I go about updating openssl, it won't let me via
ports because I already have 0.9.6a installed (trying to upgrade to
0.9.6b).  I have tried manually compiling the source and get the same error.

Thanks

--
David Mir
System Administrator