Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 07:46:21 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hardware Partners ad Advocates

I don't know the answer to your question, Joey, but I sure do know of
one Dell salesman who's really disappointed at losing a $20,000 order
because his RAID controller manufacturer wouldn't play ball with us.

Dell corporate has too much invested in the Wintel money machine. They
will not switch. Our chances would be better with an Acer or -- better
yet -- a Japanese manufacturer who we could get our Japan FreeBSD
advocates to help us with. ALR or AST, maybe? They have server-class
hardware, and Japanese investment.