Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:40:03 -0700
From:      Ho-Jeong Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   question on xl PCI NIC

Hello,

I'm in process of building a custom kernel, and for the NIC section, I just had
these two line in:

device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')

xl0 is my correct NIC.  However, I get an error during "make", indicating that
something about mii is not constant.  When I uncomment the whole PCI NIC
section, I can do make without problem.

What am I missing?  Thanks in advance.