Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:36:20 -0500
From:      Jim Graham <jim@n5ial.gnt.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Reproducible system crash in FreeBSD 4.1.1

Using bplay/brec from the gramofile port in FreeBSD 4.1.1, I have run
into a system crash that I can reproduce at will (not that I *WANT* to
do so...).  It seems to have something to do with the SEMMSL setting
in the source for bplay/brec and in the kernel config.  Unfortunately,
I don't know anything about what this does.  At first, the program would
fail (after running two or three times without any problems), saying
"shmget: No space left on device".  After that, it stopped being so nice
and, after running two or three times, would simply lock up the system
when it tried to exit.

Btw, when I say locked up, I mean locked up.  Nothing on the X display
moved, and when I went to another computer and tried to telnet in, I got
as far as in.telnetd running, but never got a login prompt.

Anyone know what might be going on, and how to fix it?

Thanks,
   --jim

PS:  gramofile is under ports/audio.

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)                          |         |\      _,,,---,,_
Ft. Walton Beach, FL                      |  ZZZzz  /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_