Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:41:33 -0400
From:      Paul Pathiakis <ppathiakis@atlantisservices.net>
To:        Lon Chen <lon.chen@eileo.com>
Cc:        "java@freebsd.org" <java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Freebsd + openjdk 7 = problem?

You could try.

The issue become that OpenNMS also encountered problems with
linux-sun-jdk17.  However, it was intermittent.  Sometimes OpenNMS would
run for as long as a day before core'ing.

On various Linux platforms, no such issue.  So, I'm going to assume
there might be a problem with a syscall somewhere in the translation.
*shrug*

You may not have that problem and it could work fine.  As I said,
OpenNMS is making big use of all the features in the JDKs as they advance.

P.