Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:51:32 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmanager and perl handling

--nextPart1668007.WuOonlSj0j

On Sunday 20 August 2006 17:40, Noah wrote:
>  am running portmanager with the following switches "portmanager -u -f
> -l -y"
> =A0which is building all the dependencies. =A0I find that perl is set to =
the
> system version of 5.003 . =A0 I do not want this behavior.
>
> I want to keep updating Perl to the newer version and I want perl to
> always be set to the latest port which is currently 5.8.8. =A0what do I
> need to change in my portmanager.conf file to make sure this happens?

I thought that portmanager did that automatically. Anyway, in the pkg-messa=
ge=20
file, there is a notation about 'use.perl port'. That is located=20
in /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8/files directory. However, you will need to chmod=
=20
it to get it to run. There is also the 'perl-after-upgrade' file there that=
 I=20
believe replaces the 'use.perl' program. I may be wrong about that though. =
In=20
any case, read the man on 'perl-after-upgrade' and run it. That might corre=
ct=20
the problem. Perhaps someone else know more about the 'use.perl' program.

Ciao!

=2D-=20
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net