Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:23:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Patrick Thomas <root@utility.clubscholarship.com>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how to determine the time zone a system has ?

No, I'm saying, what if it is not my system and I dont want to touch
anything, and I want to tell, just by lookig at /etc/localtime what TZ the
system is currently in ... i thought that by comparing /etc/localtime with
the zone files you could tell - and I have done that before, I just lost
the slick line of shell code that md5'd localtime and compares it to all
timezones and output the file it matched...