Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 2004 07:55:38 +0100
From:      a.buurman@wxs.nl
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange behaviour of mysql on 5.2.1

Hi,

I'm having quite a strange problem with mysql on 5.2.1.  mysql-server (40, latest cvs port) keeps on reloading when snort is connecting.
When I put on logging, no query reached the engine before the reload. Well, I put on tcpdump, and guess what I find. only 7 packets. Yes, 3 way handshake en 4 way teardown. No data passes, and the server is the one starting the teardown.
So I rebuilded mysql with debug and guess what? problem solved.

So no my question, what is the proper group to report this to?

Sincerly, Arnoud Buurman