Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 20:48:31 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Tim Gustafson <tim@falconsoft.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 05:16:09PM -0400, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> I am trying to mount a SNAP 4000 server's NFS drive from a FreeBSD
> 4.1.1-STABLE machine.  I have the SNAP server set up to allow NFS
> connections, and I have the root user ID and the FreeBSD server's IP
> address in the SNAP server's user configuration.  However, when I run:
>
> mount 10.0.0.1:/Root /snap
>
> I get this error message, over and over again until I hit ctrl-C:
>
> NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered
>
> Here's what I have in my /etc/rc.conf:
>
> nfs_server_enable="YES"
> nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 4"
> mountd_flags="-r"
> nfs_client_enable="YES"
> nfs_client_flags="-n 4"
>
> hosts.allow has this in it:
>
> ALL : ALL : allow
>
> and /etc/exports has:
>
> /usr -alldirs 10.0.0.1
>
> I haven't changed any configs in portmap or rpc, so far as I know.  what am
> I missing here?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

OK. I'm confused. I _thought_ you were mounting a FS from the SNAP
onto the FreeBSD machine, right? You do not need mountd or an
/etc/exports on the FreeBSD machine to do this. Obviously, you would
not need the 'nfs_server_*' stuff either.

As to your problem, you are running portmap locally, right? What do,

  % rpcinfo -p
  % rpcinfo -p 10.0.0.1

Return?