Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:12:49 +0200
From:      "Dimitar Peikov" <mitko@rila.bg>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW module

This morning I've cvsuped to STABLE and put 'options IPFIREWALL' into my
kernel configuration file. After installing all I try to 'kldload ipfw' which
complains that ipfw module is already in kernel, but kldstat reports that
module is being loaded! Then I've decided to kldunload it.... Kernel panic
.... reboot!

It is regular to kernel crash if ipfw is loaded as module, but why when it was
build into kernel? In that case it would be good kldload/kldunload to exit!
Why kldload loads module in case that it is compiled in kernel?

--
Dimitar Peikov
Programmer Analyst

RILA Solutions