Date:      Thu, 25 May 2006 16:45:03 -0700
From:      "jdow" <jdow@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Disk Geometry Errors.

Usually you have to set RAID configurations in the SATA card's BIOS.
Once its BIOS thinks you have a RAID configuration you have a chance
of proceeding.

(Note that the AGP drivers for that motherboard MAY have problems. The
W-----s drivers certainly did when we got one here to setup. I finally
tracked down the problem and it's been a wonderful card ever since. We
have an LSILogic SATA card in it. And that had to be setup in the BIOS
to make it happy. The problem was with AMD supplied AGP drivers.)

{^_^}