Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 15:04:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      jeremiah@sherline.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/24856: New Port: Preconfigured bashrc for color prompt and dir listings

>Number:         24856
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New Port: Preconfigured bashrc for color prompt and dir listings
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This installs bash scripts for color prompts and directory listings.  It's good for people who have many different shells open at once, and for admins to 'know' if they are root without thinking about it, root prompts are red, user prompts are green.  I use this on every server, as do 90% of my friends who are BSD admins, so I decided to share it.

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#       bashprompts
#       bashprompts/Makefile
#       bashprompts/pkg-comment
#       bashprompts/pkg-descr
#       bashprompts/pkg-plist
#       bashprompts/distinfo
#
echo c - bashprompts
mkdir -p bashprompts > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - bashprompts/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >bashprompts/Makefile << 'END-of-bashprompts/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:   bashprompts
X# Date created:        4 Feb 2001
X# Whom:                jgowdy
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=      bashprompts
XPORTVERSION=   1.0
XCATEGORIES=    misc
XMASTER_SITES=  http://data.irev.net/
XMAINTAINER=    jeremiah@sherline.com
XBUILD_DEPENDS= bash:${PORTSDIR}/shells/bash2\
X               gnuls:${PORTSDIR}/misc/gnuls
Xdeinstall:
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-bashprompts/Makefile
echo x - bashprompts/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >bashprompts/pkg-comment << 'END-of-bashprompts/pkg-comment'
XColor prompts, directory listings, and aliases for the bash shell
END-of-bashprompts/pkg-comment
echo x - bashprompts/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >bashprompts/pkg-descr << 'END-of-bashprompts/pkg-descr'
XBashPrompts installs a new .bashrc and .bash_profile, which includes a color
Xprompt which is red for root, green for standard users.  The prompt is in the
Xformat:
X[username@hostname]:/current/dir/#
XThis is useful for administrators who work on many different remote servers
Xat the same time.  It also keeps the administrator aware of whether or not he
Xor she is root, avoiding accidentally running certain commands as root.
XBashPrompts also installs gnuls, a colored ls program, and aliases the ls
Xcommand to the gnuls command.
XBashPrompts will install bash-2.04 if it is not already installed, but it will
Xnot change any users' shell to bash.  Users must chsh their shell to bash.
XBashPrompts installs the .bashrc and .bash_profile files into /usr/share/skel
Xso new users will have BashPrompts also.
XOverall BashPrompts makes a colorful and friendly shell, useful to
Xadministrators and newbies.
END-of-bashprompts/pkg-descr
echo x - bashprompts/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >bashprompts/pkg-plist << 'END-of-bashprompts/pkg-plist'
END-of-bashprompts/pkg-plist
echo x - bashprompts/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >bashprompts/distinfo << 'END-of-bashprompts/distinfo'
XMD5 (bashprompts-1.0.tar.gz) = 47195cc0b562adcfe323ce14936ff6c8
END-of-bashprompts/distinfo
exit