Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:31:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Puri <natepuri@yahoo.com>
To:        Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca>
Cc:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to people easily update ports with dependencies (such as galeon)?

--- Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca> wrote:
> Does this maintain dependencies of all the ports?
> For example, if
> foobar-3.0 depends on barfoo-4.0 and we upgrade
> barfoo-4.0 to 5.0,
> is the dependency from foobar-3.0 updated to depend
> on barfoo-5.0?

if you do the pkg_version -c, you will see that
indeed barfoo was upgraded as well, if it was, if a
dependency does not need to be upgraded, i.e., a gnome
packages was upgraded by gtk was not.  Or a dependency
was upgraded but it's not on your system.  pkg_version
will do all that work...

it's a very cool cool tool...