Date:      Mon, 26 May 2008 09:21:10 +0400
From:      Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef-ctm@yandex.ru>
To:        Mark Ovens <parish@magichamster.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stick memory USB

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

Hello Mark!

Mon, May 26, 2008 at 05:40:50AM +0100 you wrote:

>  It is detected as da2 and da3 (phone and memory stick - mine's a SCSI
>  system so da0 and da1 are the HDDs) but only the top-level device nodes
>  (/dev/da[23]) are created.
>=20
>  I can try to mount /dev/da3 until I'm blue in the face and it always
>  fails but as soon as I attempt to mount /dev/da3s1 it fails first time
>  but succeeds the second time because the /dev/da3s1 device node gets
>  created on the first (failed) mount attempt.

I had a similar problem with my card reader. AFAIU the problem with
those is that they don't report media change events; the system gets to
know what's there only when it tries to access it, one way or the other.
This might be of help both to you and to the OP:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-January/138907.ht=
ml

It's not beautiful, but it works.

--=20
DoubleF
No virus detected in this message. Ehrm, wait a minute...
/kernel: pid 56921 (antivirus), uid 32000: exited on signal 9
Oh yes, no virus:)

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS--