Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 00:11:34 -0500
From:      Andrew BOGECHO <andrewb@cs.mcgill.ca>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: top on SMP machines

Thu Feb  8 00:05:21 EST 2001

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your quick reply. The kernel version revealed with
uname -a is the right one. I had a look at the other systems
analysis tools, vmstat, iostat and systat. They all seem to
work. The only thing that I now notice is the following message
in the output from dmesg:

APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery
APIC_IO: Broken MP table detected: 8254 is not connected to IOAPIC #0 intpin 2
APIC_IO: routing 8254 via 8259 and IOAPIC #0 intpin 0
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!

Could this be what is causing problems with top?

Once again thank you for your help.

Andrew.

perl -e "print (pack('h42','16e64627567726043637e2d6367696c6c6e23616a0'))"