Date:      Tue, 04 Aug 1998 06:50:15 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.7 crash during "monthly" maintenance batch

This morning, a server we upgraded to 2.2.7 crashed at 5:30 AM during its
"monthly" maintenance batch (the default one that comes with it). We can't
tell why, since we were asleep (admins do sleep sometimes) but we're
worried about this.... This is the second time the system has spontaneously
fallen apart in the two days after the upgrade. What might be wrong? Are
other people seeing this? We're not running anything unusual enough to
cause problems.

--Brett Glass