Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:45:01 -0500
From:      Clarence_Griffin@ed.gov (Clarence Griffin)
To:        Ron Klinkien <root@zappa.demon.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Help with HP LJ configuration

        Ron, and all

        Thanks for the original tip about configuring the HP LJ.  I'm a real
        newbie and this is pretty confusing to me.

        I've followed the instruction below, (which I left below) to complete
        the record, and now when I send to the printer I get the following
        message;

        lpr: connect: No such file or directory
        jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.

        So, I start the deamon (# lpd <enter> and the printer rolls out a blank
        sheet of paper

        So I check the que, and see the following message

        Warning: no daemon present.

        So I reboot, and note that when the system boots I get this message in
        the boot up list of messages

        starting standard daemon: inet cron printer sendmail ...etc....myname
        lpd
        [110] : bind: Address already in use

        Any suggestion to resolve the 'bind' address, missing daemon issue?