Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:54:40 -0500
From:      "Brian A. Seklecki" <bseklecki@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        Albert Thiel <athiel@yourdatacenter.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP question

--=-CERQWsr4pIj/z20BrTfp

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 15:26 -0500, Albert Thiel wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to get a working Apache 2.x server with PHP=
 in a safe configuration (or=20
> as safe as possible based upon all the vulns).  I do not need a database.
>=20
> What version and options is my best bet.  I have tried on my own but losi=
ng it.  Nothing I have tried=20
> works. =20

This is the wrong list of general PHP setup instructions. =20

PHP4 is dead.  PHP5 is nearing beta1 of 5.3.  Use 5.2.9 in the mean
time.

# cd /usr/ports/lang/php5 && make config && make install

Modify your apache22 httpd.conf accordingly to activate the module.
There are thousands of sites that explain the proces.

Security with PHP involves writing code well, both in your application,
and in the PHP engine -- as well as responsible administration: locking
out insecure features in php.ini

~BAS=09

--=-CERQWsr4pIj/z20BrTfp

--=-CERQWsr4pIj/z20BrTfp--