Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:14:25 -0700
From:      "Justin C. Walker" <justin@apple.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sub-optimal tcp_ouput() performance in the face of ENOBUFS

On Saturday, July 29, 2000, at 01:46 PM, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Justin C. Walker wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, July 29, 2000, at 10:56 AM, Mike Silbersack wrote:

[snip]
> Yep, you're correct.  I must've been tired when I grepped last night.
>
> Do you guys handle ip_output returning ENOBUFS any differently/better in
> Darwin as of now?

The Darwin source has a checkered past.  For the kernel, most of the
BSD-like part is Lite2-derived, I think (but of course, with a *lot* of
work done on it in the interim).  The network part was updated to FreeBSD
3.1-2 last year.

I haven't looked into the changes from 3.x to 4/5, but I'd guess the
answer is "no".  Using cscope, I see about 170 references to ENOBUFS, and
only two are checking for the value; the rest set/return it.

Regards,

Justin