Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:33:48 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Herve Quiroz <hquiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Proposal for bsd.java.mk

Herve,

> It works ! Still using ${NOPORTDOCS} for javadoc but I think there should

Great to hear that it actually works! What JDK did your port get installed
with?

> be a NOJAVADOC variable to install only the standard doc (no apidocs)
> such as the manual...

Yeah, I agree. There should (and will) be a setting like that, but first we
need to get the base in place :)

> I will clean all things up and put a zipped version of the
> java/jakarta-log4j directory on my web page if people want to have a look.

Good! I will provide a download location for a modified a few ports I tested
this with, including the www/orion port.

> Note that it is now really simple to write a port (thanks also to ant
> which does everything by itself).

Hmm, I would like to see _how_ you used Ant in this scenario...

> I keep you informed.

Yeah, please do :)

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ