Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2013 09:10:41 -0400
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: svn - but smaller?

---

On Mar 11, 2013, at 9:20 PM, "Michael Ross" <gmx@ross.cx> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 00:15:35 +0100, John Mehr <jcm@visi.com> wrote:
>=20
>> On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:16:53 -0400
>> Patrick McEvoy <patmcevoy@mac.com> wrote:
>>> Hello John,
>>> This is Patrick the BSDTV guy. If you have the time / inclination, would=
 you like to do a quick walk through svnup?**If you have a machine that will=
 run Skype, I could record you doing a walk through including all the things=
 you want to tell users about your port. Skype offers a "share your screen" f=
eature that I have found helpful for making such videos. If you are interest=
ed, please let me know.
>>> Thank you for your support of the BSD community.
>>> **
>>> -- Patrick McEvoy
>>> patmcevoy@mac.com
>>> cell: 718 440-5104
"
>>=20
>> Hello,
>>=20
>> I'm currently in the process of adding http/https support to svnup and on=
ce I've got that working, the command line interface will be changing to be m=
ore like the traditional svn client to make it easier for people to adopt th=
e tool [...]
>=20
> What'd you think about a syntax extension along the lines of
>=20
>    svnup --bsd-base
>    svnup --bsd-ports
>    svnup --bsd-all
>=20

What about using svnup on another BSD , or Linux ?=20

> with automagic host selection, default to uname's major version stable bra=
nch and default target dirs?
>=20
>=20
 The automagically selected host al la something like fastest-cvsup would be=
 useful as the list of mirrors changes and the "closest mirror" may not be a=
pparent .