Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 21:36:27 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      "Eissa Trading Co." <eissatrd@ritsec3.com.eg>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X-Windows

Dear Sir,
I Have a Trident/8900CL VGA card installed in a PC.
When I was using the 2.1.0-RELEASE the X-SERVER didn't work in 8bit or
higher but it worked in the 16color modes only.

NOW, the 2.1.5-RELEASE the X Doesn't work at all ( 16c or 256 or higher )
It seems that it doesn't want to run,
What I see is: after typing startx, the screen blanks and the harddisk's
LED remained ON and i couldn't do anything (ctrl-alt-del didn't worked)
so i had to use the RESET button.

So if you can tell me what to do, or at least what to try to make it
run, i need the X.

Thanks

Samy J. Tahan
eissatrd@ritsec3.com.eg