Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 10:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/38190: Sourceforge distfiles broken

The following reply was made to PR ports/38190; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To: Tom Rissman <trissman@mrdlaw.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:17:14 -0700

 >    All distfiles FTP'd from Sourceforge are too small and yield
 > checksum errors.  I suspect a problem with the Sourceforge server.

 The ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE} macro changed to accommodate the new
 "pick a mirror site" page sourceforge gives.  Your /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk
 is out of date.

 ----------------------------
 revision 1.83
 date: 2002/05/09 01:03:29;  author: trevor;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -3
 Correct the subdirectory for the us.dl.sourceforge.net FTP site.
 Remove the FTP listing for eu.dl.sourceforge.net, since it has not
 allowing FTP connections at least since 22 hours ago.  I left the
 HTTP listing for the site.
 ----------------------------
 revision 1.82
 date: 2002/05/07 00:31:08;  author: dbaker;  state: Exp;  lines: +5 -9
 The master site list for sourceforge didn't use the round-robins that
 sourceforge has made available.  Additionally, the first site listed
 (prdownloads) now gives a HTML selection page when you try to download
 a file which causes md5 mismatch and is generally an ugly mess.

 Update MASTER_SITE_SOUREFORGE with handful of approved roundrobin HTTP
 and FTP sites

 Submitted by:   Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>

 > >How-To-Repeat:  On a clean machine, try to build Gnome from the
 > /usr/ports/x11/gnome directory using make install.  The install will
 > fail with Error 1 messages.  Further inspection reveals that bad files
 > all come from Sourceforge.  (Mesa3D is the first failure.)

 Cannot reproduce if I use an up-to-date bsd.sites.mk.