Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:55:54 -0400
From:      "Michael A. Smith" <msmith@code-fu.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   setting xterm font from the command line

I'm trying to set the xterm font from the command line using the -fn option.

$ xterm -fn fontname

What I can't seem to find is the exact fontname of any font on my system
(FreeBSD 5.2.1R). I've tried many combinations of my fonts: lowercase
mixed case, spaces, hyphes, underscores, etc... and it can never find
the font. For example:

$ xterm -fn Bitstream-Vera-Sans-Mono
xterm:  unable to open font "Bitstream-Vera-Sans-Mono", trying "fixed"

Where can I find the font list that xterm is checking?

Thanks!!

--
Michael A. Smith <msmith@code-fu.com>