Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 95 20:09:07 -0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@wjw.iaehv.nl>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ASUS P54SP4 and BusLogic 946C

I'm to my wits end.

It seems impossible to get this to work. :-(
The current config:
	ASUS P54SP4, 256k cache
	32 Mb (2x16Mb)
	Buslogic 946C rev b, rom 4.86
	standard ET4000/P32
	Floppy connected to the MB, and IDE disabled.

Symptoms:
    Either the machine doesn't even boot. No beep, no nothing. :-(
 or it boots and shows the buslogic boxed message, but fails to show the
    extra message where it comes to asking to press CTRL-B to goto the
    BusLogic setup.

Now the ASUS MB is pretty simple in that it puts all INT's on INT A, and it
has a BIOS setup where one can hardwire a interrupt to a particular slot.
But all settings fail. And when I have the feeling that the interrupt of the
BusLogic and the MB match, then it doesn't even give the first Beep.

I've "verified" the working of the Buslogic by placing it in my other
486/PCI motherboard and there it simply boots.

How has this working, and how did you do it?

	WjW
--
Stichting Internet Access Eindhoven,  voice: +31-40-438330, data: +31-40-439436
P.O. 928, 5600 AX Eindhoven, The Netherlands