Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 1995 11:25:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        kaleb@x.org (Kaleb S. KEITHLEY)
Cc:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape puzzle

> I had tried that and it didn't make any difference with the BSD 2.0b1,
> I still got an "unable to open display" error. :-(

I suggest compiling a program that does a:

main()
{
	printf( "DISPLAY is '%s'\n", getenv("DISPLAY"));
}

On a BSDI 2.0 system and running it on a FreeBSD box and seeing what
you get.

We already know there are differences in the way the environment
code works, and you are highly dependeint on that code.

Have you tried it with an explicit "-display" argument instead of
relying on the environment?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---