Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:21:05 -0700
From:      "Bakshi, Sanjay" <sanjay.bakshi@intel.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hang while hardware probing in 4.8

Hi,
I am installing FreeBSD 4.8 on a P4 and while hardware probing it hangs.

How do I find on which device it is hung on?

The print out stop after displaying
	ppi0: <generic parallel i/0> on ppbus 0
And I am quite certain that probing gets stuck on whatever the next
device being probed is. Also I don't have conflicts.

I am a brand new user of FreeBSD so if such issues are already
documented somewhere please point me there and I will read up

thanks,
-- sanjay